The Calvary Baptist Church possesses a glorious past, an exciting present, and a bright future. Calvary began through the vision of the First Baptist Church sometime between 1911 and 1915, as the Barry Street Mission. The mission organized as the Second Baptist Church in 1921. In 1946, the church purchased land on the corner of Eleventh and Fair Streets. During the construction, The Church voted to change it's name to Calvary Baptist Church. Six months later on September 12, 1949, the dream of a new church became a reality and became the home to Calvary for over forty five years. On April 22, 1992, The Church voted to purchase the land at our current site on Elrod Road.
The new building was built primarily by the men and women of the church along with volunteer teams from several states. On September 24, 1995, the church held its first worship service on our current location on Elrod Road. Although the locations have changed and so has the city, may we always keep the dream of the Barry Street Mission to be a lighthouse for all of Bowling Green.
How to get here
Take Scottsville Rd. North to Three Springs Rd. (Light #12) .
Follow Three Springs to Smallhouse Rd. (Just before Avation Park)
Take a right on Smallhouse Rd.
Follow Smallhouse Rd. 1.2 miles to the three-way stop.
At the three-way stop take a left onto Elrod Rd.
The church will be .4 miles on the left just past the bridge.
Follow Smallhouse Rd. to the three-way stop and turn right onto Elrod Rd.
The church will be .4 miles on the left.
After passing the Natcher Parkway the next light (Directly past WKU farm) is Elrod Rd.
Take a left on Elrod Rd.
travel 3 miles
church will be on the right.
Calvary Baptist Church 3011 Elrod Road Bowling Green, KY